Taylor House, a gracious Victorian home in Boston’s Jamaica Plain section, was built in 1853 as a summer house for George W. Taylor, an international merchant head-quartered in Boston. It is situated within the Monument Square Historic District, and lies in an area known as “Pondside”, which contains some of Jamaica Plain’s finest suburban architecture. The structure is predominantly Italianate in style. A distinctive octagonal cupola sits atop the main house. The house is surrounded by Victorian-inspired gardens and lies less than one block from a beautiful pond and a town center with excellent dining and shopping.